Access, opening hours and contact
Leiden University Libraries (UBL) holds unique special collections. You can utilize these collections for study, education and research.
UBL has extensive special collections of national and international fame. These unique collections are available for education and research in the Special Collections Reading Room or by digital access.
The Scaliger Institute plays an important role in facilitating research on these collections.
You are welcome to visit the Special Collections Reading Room:
The opening hours are 09.00 – 17.30, Monday – Friday.
After 16.30 no more material will be distributed.
Witte Singel 27 / second floor
2311 BG Leiden
P.O. Box 9501
2300 RA Leiden
- Digital Special Collections – display more than 50,000 pictures and 100,000 descriptions of manuscripts, letters, archives, old printed books, drawings and prints, photographs, maps, atlases and eastern collections.
- Collection descriptions – provide information about size, origin, content and the composition of a collection.
- Collection of Letters - Catalogue / tab Special Collections/Letters - contains descriptions of around 300,000 letters.
- Collection of Maps - Catalogue / tab Special Collections/Maps - contains about 5,000 maps of the collection Bodel Nijenhuis.
For more information contact the special collections:
- E-mail firstname.lastname@example.org
- Telephone +31 (0) 71 5272857
Management Special Collections:
|André Bouwman||Head Special Collections Curators|
|Matthijs Holwerda||Head Special Collections Services|